This page explains in simple English what enCAST does with the data you send us, what data we collect, confidentiality, privacy and our obligations to the users of our site and services. It also looks at how you can use the services we provide and your obligations to us as well. It also details our GDPR Compliance.
When you use this site as a visitor or registered user, you agree to follow and accept these terms and conditions. Simply put, if you are unable to agree to these terms & conditions and privacy statements, then please do not use our site.
(For a detailed look at the privacy settings on the site and how to set your own privacy settings, see here.)
- we do not collect any personal information from non-registered visitors to this site
- you must be 18 or over to use the site (if you are under 18 then a responsible adult can use it on your behalf)
- we only accept profiles for actors 16 or older and do not post jobs for roles under 16
- registered users can decide exactly what information they want to show on the site and who they want to show it to
- we do not pass any personal information on to 3rd parties – and will not do this unless the police ask us to with an official warrant
- if you delete your account, we do not keep any information about you (except for emails etc) and all your public information here is removed
- you as an actor are solely responsible for making sure a casting call is genuine and above board when you apply and whilst we take all reasonable precautions to verify castings, we do not take any responsibility if this isn’t the case
- if you register on our site you will automatically be subscribed to our weekly mailing list of casting calls; you can unsubscribe at any time
The security of your personal information is important to us and we do everything we reasonably can to make sure sensitive information is encrypted and you have control about what information you display here. However, remember that even the CIA gets hacked and no system is 100% infallible. So while we do what we can, we can’t guarantee its total security.
If, however, there ever is a data breach we will let you know if you’re affected within 72 hours.
Site Visitors & Cookies
If you visit this site we will ask your permission to drop a small cookie onto your computer. This is simply to give you a better browsing experience by showing an occasional popup (the cookie allows us to show it once and then not continue to show it which can be annoying).
We may also use your IP address to get your location so that we show information on the site which is relevant to you. For example, the currency will be local to you and we may show castings and other information which is more localised to you.
We may get anonymous information about you (e.g. location, system, browser, etc) simply to allow us to improve the services we offer and make sure they’re optimised for you and give you the best browsing experience.
We use Google Analytics to process this information anonymously.
However, none of the automatically obtained information we collect can reasonably be used to identify you as an individual.
You must be 18 or over to use this site yourself.
If you are under 18 then you can have a profile and use this site but only under the supervision of a responsible adult who should set up the profile and apply to castings on your behalf.
We do not accept any profiles/actors under 16 and do not post jobs for actors under 16.
When you register as a user on enCAST you will need to put in some personal information. The essential information we need includes:
- your email (by default this is hidden from public view)
- a password – this is securely encrypted and only you have access to it (if you lose your password, we can reset it but aren’t able to retrieve it)
- your country location, gender, playing age, and which languages you speak – these are all shown in your public profile however you can hide this profile once you’ve joined the site (for details on hiding the profile, see here)
If you want to have a full profile and apply for castings here, you will need to add more information to your profile. By default this information (including pictures, PDF files, etc) are shown publicly and are indexed by search engines like Google.
Your profile can all be hidden from public view (i.e. only you and site admin will be able to see it). If you hide your profile, it can take the search engines a few days to remove links to it and any cached information they may have picked up.
We recommend, however, keeping a public profile so that you will be visible to casting agents, etc.
Mailing Lists & Immediate Notifications
We have a number of newsletters and mailing lists here. You can unsubscribe or change your subscriptions to these at any time by going to this page – we do not spam!
We also send out – once you have agreed to it – immediate notifications by email of castings suitable to your profile. You can change these settings (and unsubscribe) from these notifications by going to this page.
Responding to a Casting Call
Please note that whilst we check out all casting calls here to the best of our ability, you as an actor are solely responsible for making sure a casting call is genuine and above board. If you have any doubts of worries, please do contact us.
In any case…
- never send nude or intimate photographs to a casting call
- do not agree to meet anyone in an insecure location (house, hotel, etc) without precautions
- never pay for a casting or send money to a production to get a part (see here for ways to avoid common acting scams)
Please download our e-book, Sex and the Actor for more information on staying safe at auditions and castings. This book is free to Pro Actors on this site.
We do not sell or give away any personal information you give us to any corporate or business third party. You can put as much or as little personal information as you wish on the site; by default it’s viewable by the general public (and Google, etc) but you can turn this off if you wish.
Payment to enCAST is securely through Paddle, PayPal or by Credit Card. Since late 2015 this is by subscription meaning that paying users of our site make recurring payments.
If you decide to subscribe to enCAST, your payment information is processed by a highly secure 3rd party (Paddle, PayPal or Pay360) and we do not have access to, for example, your bank or credit card details which are encrypted securely by default.
These payments are non-refundable, however you can cancel your subscription at any time with no obligation or penalty – see here for more on how to cancel your subscription.
Deleting your Profile
You can delete your profile easily (see here for details on this). When you delete your profile all your information is removed from our database and cannot be recovered. The only information we retain is email correspondence and copies of forum posts. Public forum posts you might have made will either be removed or have your name/profile taken off.
What information do we have about you?
In general, we have only the information you give us. If you wish to see what that is, then we can provide that free of charge (usually within 30 days).
For questions or help regarding these terms & conditions, please contact us.
enCAST is owned by arathra OÜ located at Sepapaja 6, Tallinn 15551, Estonia
We reserve the right to update or change our Terms & Conditions, Privacy & GDPR Policy at any time and you should check this page periodically.
Your continued use of this site after we post any modifications on this page will constitute your acknowledgement of the modifications and your consent to abide and be bound by these terms. If we make any material changes to this policy, we will notify you either through the email address you have provided us, or by placing a prominent notice on our website.
- 27 Feb, 2019 – added Paddle as payment method and fixed broken link
- 6th May, 2018 – added mention of immediate notifications
- 2nd May, 2018 – added clauses explaining subscription to mailing list on registration
- 25th April, 2018 – raised minimum age of users/actors/jobs from 10 to 16
- 20th April, 2018 – removed reference to tickets and changed to forums in the delete section
- 6th April, 2018 – corrected broken links
- 26th March, 2018 – fully updated to comply with European GDPR regulations