SPAIN: female actors, 16-22, for short film [NP]
For the short film, Tea Party, we are looking for 3 female actors of 16-22 years old.
Synopsis: Jasmine is a troubled young women who has unknowingly been repressed by her mother for most of her life. One day Jasmine decides to invite all of her dearest friends to a special tea party. but what she considers to be special most would call sinister. As events unfold Jasmine reveals to her guests that her mother has been keeping terrible secrets end has most definitely not behaved in the lady-like way she so intensely preaches. Before we know it, the quaint little tea party becomes a disgustingly vicious world.
- Jessica Doll, 18-22. Jessica represents Jasmine’s sexual side. The doll is provocative, flirtatious and rebellious. It is important that the actress applying for this role have the ability to exude a fierce passionate confidence and sensuality.
- Emma Doll, 18-22. Emma represents Jasmine’s kinder spirit. The doll is carefree, fun loving and sensitive. Actresses applying for Emma should bear in mind that Emma is the most sympathetic and considerate of all the dolls. She is also a free spirit and confident in her opinions.
- Jenny Doll, 16-18. Jenny represents Jasmine’s inner child. Jenny is totally naive and ignorant to the world surround her. Actors applying for this role must be able to portray a youthful innocence and child-like demeanour.
These roles are supporting and non-speaking. However, they are integral to the film as they are the only characters Jasmine speaks to. The actors for these roles will bring the dolls to life through gesture and physicality.
Casting in March, shooting in late April 2016.
Unpaid, but local transport costs (within the Barcelona region) will be covered.
Please specify which role you are applying for in your application.
|Casting Location(s):||Barcelona, Spain (approx 4,606km away)|
|Playing Age:||16 - 22|
As this is non-paid, you can apply for this role whether you are a PRO ACTOR on enCAST or not.
|Closing Date:||Mon 7th March, 2016|
|Application:||You must log in to apply for this casting.|
1. Where a language is described as 'MOTHER TONGUE' or 'NATIVE SPEAKER' this is taken to mean that an actor speaking this language, regardless of their origins or nationality, will not be linguistically distinguishable from someone brought up and schooled in this language.
2. Unless otherwise stated, jobs are open to any ethnicity.
3. If the casting says an actor should be resident in a certain location, this means that NO TRAVEL OR ACCOMMODATION will be paid. As per European employment law, any suitable actor can still apply for this role however they will have to be prepared to pay for their own travel and accommodation for this job.
4. In some cases unsuitable candidates may be filtered out as per the production needs.
Finally, if you have any comments on the casting, then please open a ticket and let us know privately.