To see full details and submit to the roles, log in
. No account yet? Join us here
SPAIN: actors (m), 25-45, Black, English spkrs, for theatre in Barcelona [PS]
ref # 196288
closing date: This casting is now closed
project title: Festen
production type: theatre
looking for actors
based in/around: Barcelona, Spain
about the project
DOUBLE TAKE THEATRE are putting on the English spoken play ’Festen’ by David Eldridge.
SYNOPSIS: Originally a Danish “Dogma” film directed by Thomas Vinterberg, Festen was adapted to the stage by David Eldridge. A very dark comedy, it tells the story of a family gathering to celebrate their father’s 60th birthday. After the guests have assembled for dinner, the eldest son reads out a series of “truth speeches”. And as he reads, it becomes dramatically clear that he is not praising his father but accusing him of a dark secret. The rest of the story traces the family’s turbulent battle with the truth to discover whether the son’s rage is justified or the product of a warped imagination. What makes Festen a compelling watch is how information is slowly drip-fed to the audience; it’s as if they too are also guests at the party, learning the truth as events unfold.
Performances on 21st, 22nd, 23rd and 28th, 29th, 30th April 2023 at the Espai Piluso, Barcelona.
Rehearsals Mid January to mid April 2023
Pay Profit Share.
We are looking to fill the following roles:
role 1 | actors | male
playing age: 25 - 45
role languages: English/English-American
role ethnicities: Black
male, Black (ideally Nigerian), 25-45, with a good level of English
search tags: Spain Barcelona English
- Where a language is described as "MOTHER TONGUE" or "NATIVE SPEAKER" this is taken to mean that an actor must speak this language to an extremely high level with no discernible foreign accent.
- Unless otherwise stated, jobs are open to any ethnicity and/or gender.
- If you have any comments on this casting, or wish to report a casting, then please contact us and let us know quoting reference 196288
By submitting for this casting, you agree to the following:
- All submissions will be checked automatically (and if required, manually); note that we may be unable to pass on submissions which do not meet the requirement of the casting, or the criteria for casting (e.g. look/location, etc, if specified), or are otherwise unsuitable.
- Whilst enCAST takes reasonable steps to verify castings, the actor is solely responsible for their submission and due diligence should be taken at each stage of the process, notably actors should never pay to attend an audition or casting or be part of a production, never accept payment by cheque, and in addition, actors should never go nude at a first audition or on any self-tape. If you have any doubts or worries, please get in touch with us immediately. For general information on possible acting scams, please see here.