Auditioning roles for MACBETH production at Teatru Manoel, Malta in March 2019. The play will be directed by top UK director Clive Judd. This is a Teatru Manoel/Unifaun Theatre Co Production.
Auditions will be held at Manoel Theatre Studios in Malta
30 +, any gender (though I am interested in a gender-switch for this role!)
Act 4 Scene 2 from Lady Macduff “What had he done…” to Ross “I take my lead at once…”
Act 1, Scene 4 from Duncan “Is execution done on Cawdor…?” to Duncan “On whom I built / An absolute trust…”
Act 2, Scene 3 from Malcolm “What are you going to do…? to “There’s good reason to escape where no mercy to be found anymore…”
Act 2 Scene 3 from Macduff “Oh horror, horror, horror…” to “Would murder as it fell…”
Act 4 Scene 3 from Macduff “Oh Scotland, Oh Scotland!” to “Thy hope ends here…”
Act 3, Scene 6 from Lennox “My former speeches…” to “Where he bestows himself…”
Act 2, Scene 3 from Porter “Here’s a knocking indeed…” to “I pray you… remember the porter…”
Note – please learn this small scene as there will be some physical action required in the audition
Two small sections of your choice from Act 4, Scene 2
i) Between Lady Macduff and Ross
ii) Between Lady Macduff and her Child
Macduff’s Child / Fleance
A small section of the scene between the Child and his Mother from Act 4 Scene 2.
Other roles will be cast according to audition in above roles.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD WRITE TO ADRIAN BUCKLE ON firstname.lastname@example.org TO ASK FOR A SLOT.
|Playing Age:||10 - 40|
If you are under 16 then please make sure you have the permission of a parent or guardian to complete this casting application, or that a parent or guardian completes this application on your behalf.
|Payment:||Not specified - contact production for details|
|Closing Date:||Sat 31st March, 2018|
|Application:||You must log in to apply for this casting.|
1. Where a language is described as 'MOTHER TONGUE' or 'NATIVE SPEAKER' this is taken to mean that an actor speaking this language, regardless of their origins or nationality, will not be linguistically distinguishable from someone brought up and schooled in this language.
2. Unless otherwise stated, jobs are open to any ethnicity.
3. If the casting says an actor should be resident in a certain location, this means that NO TRAVEL OR ACCOMMODATION will be paid.
4. In some cases unsuitable candidates may be filtered out as per the production needs.
5. Whilst we take all reasonable precautions to verify castings, we do not take any responsibility if this isn’t the case and you as an actor are solely responsible for making sure a casting call is genuine and above board when you apply. Make sure you have read our article on this matter here: Don't Get Scammed.
6.Finally, if you have any comments on the casting, then please open a ticket and let us know.