IRELAND: various actors for student short [E]
For a student film, Why I Married Karen, at we are looking for:
- ROBERT – Male, early 20s, has a youngish face, quirky but extremely gullible. Blinded by his adoration for his wife, Karen, but soon begins to realise that she isn’t as perfect as he thought.
- KAREN – Female, early 20s, she is a secretive psycho. She presents herself very well, but when she opens her mouth it is obvious she is not right in the head. She is what you would call a ‘dumb blonde’ but the hair colour of the actress is not of extreme importance.
- ROBERT’S MOTHER – female, 40-50
- ROBERT’S FATHER – male, 40-50
- Registry Officiant; male or female, any age over 20
Shooting 7th and 8th April in Dublin.
Local expenses covered.
|Casting Location(s):||Dublin, Ireland (approx 5,960km away)|
|Playing Age:||20 - 50|
As this is expenses-only, you can apply for this role whether you are a PRO ACTOR on enCAST or not.
|Closing Date:||Sun 3rd April, 2016|
|Application:||You must log in to apply for this casting.|
1. Where a language is described as 'MOTHER TONGUE' or 'NATIVE SPEAKER' this is taken to mean that an actor speaking this language, regardless of their origins or nationality, will not be linguistically distinguishable from someone brought up and schooled in this language.
2. Unless otherwise stated, jobs are open to any ethnicity.
3. If the casting says an actor should be resident in a certain location, this means that NO TRAVEL OR ACCOMMODATION will be paid. As per European employment law, any suitable actor can still apply for this role however they will have to be prepared to pay for their own travel and accommodation for this job.
4. In some cases unsuitable candidates may be filtered out as per the production needs.
Finally, if you have any comments on the casting, then please open a ticket and let us know privately.