This is a Casting Call for:
- male actor
- playing age: 18-25
- based in/around Cork, Ireland
- speaking fluent ENGLISH
- type: a theatre production
- genre: comedy
- payment: paid (accommodation and other expenses in Cork covered by the actor)
Cyclone Rep, based in Cork, is looking for a young professional actor to become part of the company.
The actor will take part in two (2) of their Shakespeare plays in Repertory.
Rehearsals from Monday 3rd to Friday 28th of September and Thursday 4th to Tuesday 9th of October.
Performances Nationwide on a weekly basis would commence on Mid-October and will run till Mid-May (with the whole month of December and first week of January off, as well as 2 weeks in February and Easter).
Also, a key additional criterion is that Cyclone is looking for this young actor to establish a long term relationship with the company. If successful applicants demonstrate reliability and a hard-working ethos then Cyclone would be looking to work on further projects with such actors. Hence, actors must be available to be prepared to work beyond the initial rehearsal and performance period.
Audition in Cork City (exact location TBA) on Monday 28th of May from 10.00am.
For the audition you will need to prepare two contrasting pieces one Shakespeare (which Cyclone will provide) and one two minute modern comic piece.
Please send your application in ENGLISH only and include a link to your showreel.
|Casting Location(s):||Cork, Ireland|
|Playing Age:||18 - 25|
|Closing Date:||Mon 21st May, 2018|
|Application:||You must log in to apply for this casting.|
1. Where a language is described as 'MOTHER TONGUE' or 'NATIVE SPEAKER' this is taken to mean that an actor speaking this language, regardless of their origins or nationality, will not be linguistically distinguishable from someone brought up and schooled in this language.
2. Unless otherwise stated, jobs are open to any ethnicity.
3. If the casting says an actor should be resident in a certain location, this means that NO TRAVEL OR ACCOMMODATION will be paid. As per European employment law, any suitable actor can still apply for this role however they will have to be prepared to pay for their own travel and accommodation for this job.
4. In some cases unsuitable candidates may be filtered out as per the production needs.
Finally, if you have any comments on the casting, then please open a ticket and let us know privately.