IRELAND: actors, 18-28, for TIE in Belgium & France [P]
For a TIE tour of Belgium and France, the Emerald Isle Theatre Company (EITC) is looking for actors.
The tour promotes learning English in secondary schools through performing plays and providing workshops for pupils.
We are looking for:
- male/female actors
- dynamic, motivated, good team players
- with a great rapport with teenagers
- speaking FLAWLESS Native Speaker English
Rehearsals: 7 weeks of rehearsals from mid-September and early November. Actors will be defrayed 100€ per week during the rehearsals of 2 weeks in Dublin, unpaid and actors must make their own accommodation arrangements.
One week “off” to allow the actors to prepare themselves to move to Brussels – 5 weeks in Brussels, accommodation provided and monthly salary of € 500 after taxes.
Audition process: Interview: via Skype Audition in Dublin: early July 2016.
Touring November 2016 – May 2017 (approx 25 weeks of tour, 1 week holiday every 6-8 weeks except Christmas with 2 weeks break).
Shows Monday to Friday during school hours.
Pay: Housing and transport are provided at no cost to the actor from the first day in France/Belgium while on tour (but not during the holidays). In addition to the €500 monthly, the actors will be paid €15 per show. The company secures an average of about 8 to 12 shows a week.
|Casting Location(s):||Ireland + GB + Belgium + France|
|Playing Age:||18 - 28|
|Closing Date:||Mon 4th April, 2016|
|Application:||You must log in to apply for this casting.|
1. Where a language is described as 'MOTHER TONGUE' or 'NATIVE SPEAKER' this is taken to mean that an actor speaking this language, regardless of their origins or nationality, will not be linguistically distinguishable from someone brought up and schooled in this language.
2. Unless otherwise stated, jobs are open to any ethnicity.
3. If the casting says an actor should be resident in a certain location, this means that NO TRAVEL OR ACCOMMODATION will be paid. As per European employment law, any suitable actor can still apply for this role however they will have to be prepared to pay for their own travel and accommodation for this job.
4. In some cases unsuitable candidates may be filtered out as per the production needs.
Finally, if you have any comments on the casting, then please open a ticket and let us know privately.