This is a Casting Call for:
- male/female actors
- playing age: 15-70
- based in/around Hannover, Germany
- speaking fluent GERMAN and some TURKISH
female, playing age 60-70 for the role of the mother
female, playing age 38-44 for the role of Ezra (38-44)
female, playing age 15-17 for the role of the granddaughter
male, playing age 30-65 for the role of a taxi driver (30- 65)
Esra, a modern Turkish woman, invites her Turkish mother for Easter after 7 years of not seeing her. Mother Hatice, a conservative Turkish woman, enters Ezra’s new home for the first time. She dislikes her daughter’s western lifestyle, expressed in terms of clothing, home and lifestyle, and openly criticizes her. Hatice rejects Ezra’s life and thinks that she is not a good mother. Ezra is angry about her mother but wants to be accepted by her.
- type: a short film
- genre: comedy/western
- directed by: Janine Schneeweiss
- produced by: Hochschule Hannover
- payment: expenses + meals on set
Shooting from 18.5 – 24.5. in Hanover.
Please send your application in GERMAN only and include a link to your showreel.
|Casting Location(s):||Hannover, Germany|
|Language(s) Needed:||German - Turkish|
|Playing Age:||15 - 70|
If you are under 16 then please make sure you have the permission of a parent or guardian to complete this casting application, or that a parent or guardian completes this application on your behalf.
As this is expenses-only, you can apply for this role whether you are a PRO ACTOR on enCAST or not.
|Closing Date:||Mon 2nd April, 2018|
|Application:||You must log in to apply for this casting.|
1. Where a language is described as 'MOTHER TONGUE' or 'NATIVE SPEAKER' this is taken to mean that an actor speaking this language, regardless of their origins or nationality, will not be linguistically distinguishable from someone brought up and schooled in this language.
2. Unless otherwise stated, jobs are open to any ethnicity.
3. If the casting says an actor should be resident in a certain location, this means that NO TRAVEL OR ACCOMMODATION will be paid.
4. In some cases unsuitable candidates may be filtered out as per the production needs.
5. Whilst we take all reasonable precautions to verify castings, we do not take any responsibility if this isn’t the case and you as an actor are solely responsible for making sure a casting call is genuine and above board when you apply. Make sure you have read our article on this matter here: Don't Get Scammed.
6.Finally, if you have any comments on the casting, then please open a ticket and let us know.