GB: various for student short in York [L]
I am a Film & TV Production (BSc) student at the University of York and am due to shoot a short film 11-14th March for which I am looking to cast the following roles:
- JOHN RAINES: Male. 30/40s. A great father, a loving husband, and a political activist. A man of integrity, he believes in the cause and is willing to do things many wouldn’t for it, but is weary of his family.
- BONNIE RAINES: Female. 30s but youthful in appearance. A mother of three and a political activist who believes that being a parent does not excuse one from their duty – perhaps braver than her husband.
- ROBERT CRAVEN: Male. Unspecified Age. A man who feels cornered out of fear he may be taken down for political activity he was involved with briefly. He considers turning John and Bonnie in, in spite of their family.
It is based on the true story of a couple (John & Bonnie) whose previous involvement in the theft of FBI documents, revealing illegal government activity, comes back to haunt them. The film takes place one faithful night when an unexpected visitor (Robert) comes to their home and threatens to turn them in, thereby endangering their family.
If you would like to see the script or would like to know any more details please get in touch. This is an ambitious project with an excellent crew and is being made with the intention of submitting it to the RTS Student Awards, where previous projects have been successful, as well as various other Film Festivals in the UK and abroad.
I look forward to hearing from you.
|Casting Location(s):||York, GB|
|Playing Age:||25 - 50|
|Payment:||Not specified - contact production for details|
|Closing Date:||Sun 28th February, 2016|
|Application:||You must log in to apply for this casting.|
1. Where a language is described as 'MOTHER TONGUE' or 'NATIVE SPEAKER' this is taken to mean that an actor speaking this language, regardless of their origins or nationality, will not be linguistically distinguishable from someone brought up and schooled in this language.
2. Unless otherwise stated, jobs are open to any ethnicity.
3. If the casting says an actor should be resident in a certain location, this means that NO TRAVEL OR ACCOMMODATION will be paid. As per European employment law, any suitable actor can still apply for this role however they will have to be prepared to pay for their own travel and accommodation for this job.
4. In some cases unsuitable candidates may be filtered out as per the production needs.
Finally, if you have any comments on the casting, then please open a ticket and let us know privately.