GB: male actors, 40-50, for short [P]
Size 8 is a short film which looks at the demasculinization of men during the 1980’s and some negative attitudes
towards the feminine male. The narrative follows the story of Kevin and his relationship with Jack,
his 16 year old son, after discovering his sons alternate sexual orientation.
- Kevin, male, 40-45. Kevin has recovered from his split with Stephanie and his social life, particularly with him male friends, has intensified. His recent redundancy and broken family has left him feeling demasculinzed, as his fathers ‘lessons on being a man’ favoured traditional gender roles. Kevin is trying to be the best he can for his son and his mother. He is trying to regain his masculinity and fill his place in society.
- Pete, male, 45-50. After Pete was made redundant, his wife immediately got him a job in an engineering factory, which hired men and woman. Although Pete and Cathleen were still actively social, Pete has became frustrated at his lack of importance in society. He felt that he was a dominant man and had fulfilled his role within society, to have to dismissed by a woman in power (Thatcher). Pete never took his frustrations out on Cathleen and found himself internalising a lot of anger, fuelling his intolerable attitude towards the LGBT society. Pete is trying to maintain his masculinity and deflect possibilities of external disruption.
The film will be shot in the Midlands.
If you are interested in auditioning for any of the roles please message me with your details.
|Casting Location(s):||GB (approx 0km away)|
|Playing Age:||40 - 50|
|Closing Date:||Sun 13th March, 2016|
|Application:||You must log in to apply for this casting.|
1. Where a language is described as 'MOTHER TONGUE' or 'NATIVE SPEAKER' this is taken to mean that an actor speaking this language, regardless of their origins or nationality, will not be linguistically distinguishable from someone brought up and schooled in this language.
2. Unless otherwise stated, jobs are open to any ethnicity.
3. If the casting says an actor should be resident in a certain location, this means that NO TRAVEL OR ACCOMMODATION will be paid. As per European employment law, any suitable actor can still apply for this role however they will have to be prepared to pay for their own travel and accommodation for this job.
4. In some cases unsuitable candidates may be filtered out as per the production needs.
Finally, if you have any comments on the casting, then please open a ticket and let us know privately.