Casting for a student drama film, I Want Susie produced by final year students at the Northern Film School in Leeds.
Shooting 2nd-7th March in Prime Studios.
Set in 1979, the film follows 19 year old Robin who dreams of escaping from her self-absorbed mother and her new boyfriend. Things start to look up when she lands a job interview with a film producer only to discover that the films he produces are a little more adult than she had in mind. Can Robin find her place in a world full of misfits and egos? Or is there really no place like home?
We will be shooting both on location and in a studio, and although we cannot pay cast and crew fees, actors’ expenses will be covered and full show-reel material provided. The film will also have a premiere at the Hyde Park Picture House in Leeds which all cast will be invited to.
I am looking to cast two characters to complete the ensemble:
- Philly Biggs – male, 30-45, charismatic, fastidious businessman-turned-film-producer
- Derek Reed – male, 30-45, self-effacing but slightly conceited adult-film star who dreams of one day acting in a TV show.
Please get in touch if you would be interested in auditioning.
|Casting Location(s):||Leeds, GB|
|Playing Age:||30 - 45|
As this is expenses-only, you can apply for this role whether you are a PRO ACTOR on enCAST or not.
|Closing Date:||Mon 1st February, 2016|
|Application:||You must log in to apply for this casting.|
1. Where a language is described as 'MOTHER TONGUE' or 'NATIVE SPEAKER' this is taken to mean that an actor speaking this language, regardless of their origins or nationality, will not be linguistically distinguishable from someone brought up and schooled in this language.
2. Unless otherwise stated, jobs are open to any ethnicity.
3. If the casting says an actor should be resident in a certain location, this means that NO TRAVEL OR ACCOMMODATION will be paid.
4. In some cases unsuitable candidates may be filtered out as per the production needs.
5. Whilst we take all reasonable precautions to verify castings, we do not take any responsibility if this isn’t the case and you as an actor are solely responsible for making sure a casting call is genuine and above board when you apply. Make sure you have read our article on this matter here: Don't Get Scammed.
6.Finally, if you have any comments on the casting, then please open a ticket and let us know.