FRANCE: URGENT male actor, 25-30, French spkr, for a film in Ukraine
This is a Casting Call for:
- male actor for the lead role
- playing age: 25-30
- ethnicity: Black
- based in France
- speaking fluent FRENCH
- athletic type
- singing ability a plus
- type: a film
- titled: Crazy Wedding
- genre: comedy
- payment: contact for details
- produced by: film
Shooting for 20 days in April-May 2018 in Ukraine.
The film is produced by UA Group, a creative powerhouse and one of the largest media groups in Eastern Europe, operating in global markets and covering the entire production cycle from development to distribution.
Crazy Wedding is supported by the Ukrainian State Film Agency and is acclaimed by the Ukrainian press as one of the most anticipated Ukrainian films of the year.
Vasyl Seredyuk is a conservative leader of the district culture club. His greatest pride is his eldest daughter Katrusya, a student at the Sorbonne, who is engaged to be married to François, a French cardio surgeon. For Vasyl, this means not only reinstatement, but also a great card to play in his ongoing controversy with neighboring Taras about who is the greatest patriot. But instead of a white son-in-law, Katrusya delivers something unexpected … a Frenchman of African descent. Now, Vasyl can not sleep, disturbed by a traditional Ukrainian concern, “what will people say?” So he decides to do everything he can to free his daughter from “black captivity”.
Please send your application in FRENCH only and include a link to your showreel.
|Playing Age:||25 - 30|
|Payment:||Not specified - contact production for details|
|Closing Date:||Mon 19th March, 2018|
|Application:||You must log in to apply for this casting.|
1. Where a language is described as 'MOTHER TONGUE' or 'NATIVE SPEAKER' this is taken to mean that an actor speaking this language, regardless of their origins or nationality, will not be linguistically distinguishable from someone brought up and schooled in this language.
2. Unless otherwise stated, jobs are open to any ethnicity.
3. If the casting says an actor should be resident in a certain location, this means that NO TRAVEL OR ACCOMMODATION will be paid. As per European employment law, any suitable actor can still apply for this role however they will have to be prepared to pay for their own travel and accommodation for this job.
4. In some cases unsuitable candidates may be filtered out as per the production needs.
Finally, if you have any comments on the casting, then please open a ticket and let us know privately.