showreel

Forums acting showreel

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Jenny @ enCAST 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ida elena de razza
    ida elena de razza
    Participant

Hello,

i received this email

Hi,

Thanks for asking for verification on enCAST.

Unfortunately we’re unable to verify your profile at the moment as there was a problem with the showreel.

Either:

• the showreel did not play and displayed an error (e.g. ‘video cannot be found’)

Or:

• the showreel was not a showreel; unfortunately we can’t except single scenes or self-taped monologues or non-speaking showreels for verification – we need to have a selection of scenes showing the actor in different scenes from different projects with speaking roles (for more on this, see

By all means feel free to get in touch with us if you need more help with this!

I cant understand what is wrong with my showreel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjVn-uxLITI&t=7s

Is there anybody who can help me?

thank you.

Ida Elena

Jenny @ enCAST
    Jenny @ enCAST
    Keymaster

Hi Ida,

Thanks for your message.

I took a look at your profile. I believe the showreel was tagged was because it consists of just 2 scenes basically. A showreel normally has a lot more (see here: https://encast.eu/actor_info/help-for-actors/becoming-an-actor/showreel-basics/). Although it’s perhaps not ideal, I don’t think this is a problem, however.

I ran your profile through the check here https://encast.eu/help/quick-profile-check/ and what we would need for verification are a couple more IMDB credits. Normally this is 5 minimum. Do you have more to add to your IMDB profile?

Do let me know!

Jenny

Note that you can still apply to castings whether you are verified or not; verification is just an ‘extra’ which is on your profile.

ida elena de razza
    ida elena de razza
    Participant

i wanted to add more but then the lenght of the video would have been to long to capture attention.

I have a couple of movies i took part to but they dont appear on imdb and i am taking part to a third which is still filming. what can i do? thank you for your reply btw

Jenny @ enCAST
    Jenny @ enCAST
    Keymaster

Hi Ida,

According to most casting agents, the total length should be about 3 minutes maximum. And each scene about 30 seconds or so.

Agents are notorious for watching just a few seconds and deciding based on that so I would say that your first scene is great but it does go on a long time. It could be cut back a lot in my opinion as an agent would “get” in the first 10 or 15 seconds a good idea of the character you’re playing (the ‘enthusiastic’ girl). Then you could cut to the conversation with the boy which shows a more restrained version of the character (and that conversation can be cut to just 15 or 20 seconds). Then cut to the conversation in front of the mirror with the other girls.

Of course you could add in other scenes which look good.

But again, I’d keep it to a minimum length and really cut back. It’s one of the hardest things to do and it’s sometimes difficult to cut a showreel when you think the scene looks good and you’d like to keep it all in.

As for IMDB what I’d suggest is adding your own name to the project if it’s on IMDB or – if not – you can always try to get the production to add the project. IMDB really is the industry bible for seeing an actor’s experience so it’s well worth trying to get your name up there in as many productions as possible (even if they’re not yet filmed or still in production).

Jenny

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.