Scam Alert: email from Loren Silverman

Forums the enCAST site Scam Alert: email from Loren Silverman

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Jenny @ enCAST 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jenny @ enCAST
    Jenny @ enCAST
    Keymaster

Several users have reported receiving an email from Loren Silverman. This person appears to get random actors and sends them emails involving photoshoots. It appears to be a scam to take money from actors.

DELETE THE EMAIL IMMEDIATELY PLEASE

Loren has been blocked from using our site now whilst we look into this.

We’ll update this post as soon as we have more.

The original email looks something like this:

Hello,

I saw your profile pictures and this mail is to inform you of our interest in using your face/picture for a billboard/calling card advertisement.

We are presently running an advert campaign and your profile has been chosen to do the job.

We need your approval before we can go ahead with any discussion or give you further information about payment and job description.

If you are interested reply to this mail: lorensilverman77@hotmail.com

Best Regards,
    Loren Silverman

Heydar Heman
    Heydar Heman
    Participant

Hello, I have received another email which is this:
    <h3 class=”iw”><span class=”NcF1A” tabindex=”-1″ role=”gridcell”><span class=”gD” data-hovercard-id=”austinsantos1919@gmail.com” data-hovercard-owner-id=”38″>”</span></span></h3>
    <h3 class=”iw”><span class=”NcF1A” tabindex=”-1″ role=”gridcell”><span class=”gD” data-hovercard-id=”austinsantos1919@gmail.com” data-hovercard-owner-id=”38″>Austin Santos</span> <span class=”go”><span aria-hidden=”true”><</span>austinsantos1919@gmail.com<span aria-hidden=”true”>></span></span></span></h3>
    Hello,

My name is Austin SANTOS. I got your email adress from Mr. Loren
    SILVERMAN who has went for a long vacation and he is the person who
    saw your profile pictures on https://encast.eu and this mail is to
    inform you of our interest in using your face/picture for a
    billboard/calling card advertisement.

We are presently running an advert campaign and your profile has been
    chosen to do the job.

We need your approval before we can go ahead with any discussion or
    give you further information about payment and job description.

If you are interested reply to this message for more details.

Best Regards,
    Austin SANTOS.

Dear Admin, I was thinking its better to report this email as well. I wish we not received such as these emails anymore.

Best Regards

Jenny @ enCAST
    Jenny @ enCAST
    Keymaster

Thanks Austin,

As you rightly suggest, it’s a scam. Basically a scammer found actors on the internet and their email addresses and simply sent out notices to them inviting them to come to a shoot and get scammed.

Since then we’ve removed any visible email addresses from enCAST and also deleted a couple of rogue users.

By all means let us know if you are suspicious about ANY kind of notice in the future and we’ll do our best to keep the site clean of these people.

Best regards,

Jenny

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.