This is a Casting Call for:
- male actor as ENGLISH GENERAL
- playing age: 58-62
- based in EUROPE
- speaking fluent ENGLISH – British English accent
Role: The ENGLISH GENERAL can have a patient and fatherly attitude which makes people like him, but he can also get angry easily and when he does he can be very frightening to those around him. He sees war as a fact of life and does not doubt his own actions believing that war cannot have a conscience. He does not suffer fools lightly.
- type: a film
- title: Turkish Ice-Cream
- directed by Can Ulkay
- shooting in Turkey & Australia from mid-June to September
- payment: well paid
- approx 3-6 days’ work
Synopsis: The lives of 2 Turkish men who live in Australia before and during World War 1. One sells ice-cream and the other provides and rents camels in Australia. The story looks at their struggle in Australia and their efforts to return to Turkey after the war begins.
SELF-TAPE: Firstly read this article on how to make a self-tape and follow the guidelines there (please note, any tape which does not follow these basic guidelines cannot be accepted – we will ask you to retape). Then make a short (max 2 minutes) self-tape where you:
- introduce yourself
- in the character of the English General, explain who you are and how Australia must join in to help the Empire; at the very end get “angry” when someone interrupts you
Please send your application in ENGLISH only and include a link to your showreel and also a link to your self-tape. Make the subject of the email: ENGLISH GENERAL-ICE CREAM.
|Playing Age:||58 - 62|
|Closing Date:||Mon 30th April, 2018|
|Application:||You must log in to apply for this casting.|
1. Where a language is described as 'MOTHER TONGUE' or 'NATIVE SPEAKER' this is taken to mean that an actor speaking this language, regardless of their origins or nationality, will not be linguistically distinguishable from someone brought up and schooled in this language.
2. Unless otherwise stated, jobs are open to any ethnicity.
3. If the casting says an actor should be resident in a certain location, this means that NO TRAVEL OR ACCOMMODATION will be paid. As per European employment law, any suitable actor can still apply for this role however they will have to be prepared to pay for their own travel and accommodation for this job.
4. In some cases unsuitable candidates may be filtered out as per the production needs.
Finally, if you have any comments on the casting, then please open a ticket and let us know privately.