This is a Casting Call for:
- male actor as BILLY
- playing age: 20-23
- based in EUROPE
- speaking fluent ENGLISH – British or Australian accent
Role: Billy is eager to join the war. He is strong and not too clever; left school early and uses his fists to win arguments. He is in awe of people like Wayne and would like to be like him and although he might make a good soldier, he is also prepared to let his comrades die to save himself.
- type: a film
- title: Turkish Ice-Cream
- directed by Can Ulkay
- shooting in Turkey & Australia from mid-June to September
- payment: well paid
- approx 15 days’ work
Synopsis: The lives of 2 Turkish men who live in Australia before and during World War 1. One sells ice-cream and the other provides and rents camels in Australia. The story looks at their struggle in Australia and their efforts to return to Turkey after the war begins.
SELF-TAPE: Firstly read this article on how to make a self-tape and follow the guidelines there (please note, any tape which does not follow these basic guidelines cannot be accepted – we will ask you to retape). Then make a short (max 2 minutes) self-tape where you:
- introduce yourself
- in the character of Billy, explain how you and your mates had a few drinks and how you pushed around a couple of Turkish men because they were the “enemy” and how you’d like to join the army now and see some action.
Please send your application in ENGLISH only and include a link to your showreel and also a link to your self-tape. Make the subject of the email: BILLY-ICE CREAM.
|Playing Age:||20 - 23|
|Closing Date:||Mon 30th April, 2018|
|Application:||You must log in to apply for this casting.|
1. Where a language is described as 'MOTHER TONGUE' or 'NATIVE SPEAKER' this is taken to mean that an actor speaking this language, regardless of their origins or nationality, will not be linguistically distinguishable from someone brought up and schooled in this language.
2. Unless otherwise stated, jobs are open to any ethnicity.
3. If the casting says an actor should be resident in a certain location, this means that NO TRAVEL OR ACCOMMODATION will be paid.
4. In some cases unsuitable candidates may be filtered out as per the production needs.
5. Whilst we take all reasonable precautions to verify castings, we do not take any responsibility if this isn’t the case and you as an actor are solely responsible for making sure a casting call is genuine and above board when you apply. Make sure you have read our article on this matter here: Don't Get Scammed.
6.Finally, if you have any comments on the casting, then please open a ticket and let us know.