This is a Casting Call for:
- female actor as SOFIA
- playing age: 19-22
- based in EUROPE
- speaking fluent ENGLISH – British or Australian accent
Role: Sofia is the wife of Salim. She is quiet and fragile, and the war frightens her. She feels worried for others and is good hearted and will help others in difficulty. She is the kind of person who inspires others to protect her because of her vulnerability.
- type: a film
- title: Turkish Ice-Cream
- directed by Can Ulkay
- shooting in Turkey & Australia from mid-June to September
- payment: well paid
- approx 3-6 days’ work
Synopsis: The lives of 2 Turkish men who live in Australia before and during World War 1. One sells ice-cream and the other provides and rents camels in Australia. The story looks at their struggle in Australia and their efforts to return to Turkey after the war begins.
SELF-TAPE: Firstly read this article on how to make a self-tape and follow the guidelines there (please note, any tape which does not follow these basic guidelines cannot be accepted – we will ask you to retape). Then make a short (max 2 minutes) self-tape where you:
- introduce yourself
- in the character of Sofia, silently stare out the window as if thinking about the suffering going on in the war; there’s a noise and you turn to see several thugs in the room who have come to lynch your husband – you scream at them to leave, becoming almost hysterical
Please send your application in ENGLISH only and include a link to your showreel and also a link to your self-tape. Make the subject of the email: SOFIA-ICE CREAM.
|Playing Age:||19 - 22|
|Closing Date:||Mon 30th April, 2018|
|Application:||You must log in to apply for this casting.|
1. Where a language is described as 'MOTHER TONGUE' or 'NATIVE SPEAKER' this is taken to mean that an actor speaking this language, regardless of their origins or nationality, will not be linguistically distinguishable from someone brought up and schooled in this language.
2. Unless otherwise stated, jobs are open to any ethnicity.
3. If the casting says an actor should be resident in a certain location, this means that NO TRAVEL OR ACCOMMODATION will be paid.
4. In some cases unsuitable candidates may be filtered out as per the production needs.
5. Whilst we take all reasonable precautions to verify castings, we do not take any responsibility if this isn’t the case and you as an actor are solely responsible for making sure a casting call is genuine and above board when you apply. Make sure you have read our article on this matter here: Don't Get Scammed.
6.Finally, if you have any comments on the casting, then please open a ticket and let us know.