ENGLAND: actors (f) 18-25, Black, English spkrs, for touring musical in Italy [P]
project title: Mandela
production type: theatre
looking for actors
based in/around: England
about the project
Materlingua have over 20 years experience producing quality theatre shows in Italy for students in French, Spanish and English languages, and they are now casting for their next upcoming tour of ‘Mandela’.
Mandela is a musical based around the life of Nelson Mandela , the story of a young revolutionary who defends the rights of his people that puts him unjustly in prison for 27 years. during his time in prison nelson will rediscover the philosophy of his childhood and will make it a guide to restore hope to the entire population of South Africa. aimed at foreign students about the life of Nelson Mandela.
Rehearsals: January 23rd 2023 (arrival 22 January in Naples) – February 4th 2023
Tour: February 6th 2023 – April 22nd 2023
€300 fee for rehearsals , €90 per working day of the tour (around 45 working days on tour)
Expenses – all flights from and to London, travel, food (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and accommodation (usually 3* or 4* hotel) are included (including non working days) from the beginning of the rehearsals to the end of the run (23rd of January 2023 – 22nd April 2023).
Casting information: first round will be self tape and re call’s will be on zoom.
playing age: 18 - 25
role languages: English
role ethnicities: Black/PoC
f, 18-25, black Caribbean/ black African, strong singer. English native speaker.
About the character: A confident, passionate, and loving lady who spends her whole life fighting for justice.
- Where a language is described as "MOTHER TONGUE" or "NATIVE SPEAKER" this is taken to mean that an actor must speak this language to an extremely high level with no discernible foreign accent.
- Unless otherwise stated, jobs are open to any ethnicity and/or gender.
- If you have any comments on this casting, or wish to report a casting, then please contact us and let us know quoting reference 195575
By submitting for this casting, you agree to the following:
- All submissions will be checked automatically (and if required, manually); note that we may be unable to pass on submissions which do not meet the requirement of the casting, or the criteria for casting (e.g. look/location, etc, if specified), or are otherwise unsuitable.
- Whilst enCAST takes reasonable steps to verify castings, the actor is solely responsible for their submission and due diligence should be taken at each stage of the process, notably actors should never pay to attend an audition or casting or be part of a production, never accept payment by cheque, and in addition, actors should never go nude at a first audition or on any self-tape. If you have any doubts or worries, please get in touch with us immediately. For general information on possible acting scams, please see here.